Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Remembering Cody



Yesterday, a big piece of my family passed away. Cody was a puppy when he wandered to my parent's lake cottage, and after days of going door to door trying to find his owners, we decided to make him a permanent member of our family. Over the next thirteen years, we loved watching his antics....knocking over beers to drink, jumping in the lake and climbing up the ladder like a seal, jumping in the lake to chase ducks swimming so far away that we would have to go get him, loving going on walks but hating it so much after a mile that he would sit and refuse to walk any more, eating all my dad's ripe tomatoes and spitting out the green ones, getting so excited when one of the kids came home from college that he woukd pee all over the floor. I could go on and on. I also know he was special because he is the only dog that Tillie has ever liked. I miss him so much, but I'm happy that he is no longer in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment