Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Anniversary

On December 16th, Bret and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. Unfortunately, Bret was in Ft. Wayne for the day, so we didn't get to see each other until early evening. I had a cake made that was similar to the top of our cake, and you better believe I put our topper on it! Evan only associates cakes with birthdays, so when I told him I got a cake for daddy, he automatically assumed it was his birthday. SO, when Bret got home that night, Evan tore into the garage yelling, "Daddy, Happy Birthday, its your birthday! We got you a cake!". Who wants to bet that this little boy will tell his Daddy what his Christmas presents are : )...it runs in the family, Aunt Kate had the same problem! Evan was the first to get cake, and he immediately ate all the icing off. He then proceeded to push his plate towards Bret and said, "Daddy, you eat this one, I'm going to get another piece of cake".


I CANNOT believe it has been 5 years already! In the past five years we have......


Lived in Broad Ripple

Moved to Cincinnati

Had a baby boy

Promotion from warehouse to counter to inside sales to onsite at Duke for Bret

Moved back to Indy from Cinci

Bought our first house

Promotion to outside sales for Bret

Had a baby girl

Promotion to stay at home mom for me

Promotion to Ft. Wayne Branch Manager for Bret

And, right now, we have an offer in negotiations for our house and are house hunting in Ft. Wayne


Sprinkled throughout the 5 years are A LOT of laughter and fun times. We have some challenges, but we have had more than our share of blessings too!

No comments:

Post a Comment