The Dr. was FULL of compliments today at my 37 week appointment, she told me my ankles look fantastic and that I have a great pelvis! Apparently, I won the genetic lottery and got my mom's and grandma shirley's great birthing genes!! The Dr. was really happy to hear that both of them had "easy", non-eventful labors, and she would expect me to have the same.
The appt. also started out with the usual questions about the baby moving, how I'm feeling and if I'm having any contractions. I responded to the contraction question, that if I was, I didn't know because I didn't really know what to be feeling. Then, the Dr. had me lay down to listen to the heartbeat and start the exam. RIGHT when I leaned back, my belly got really hard, and I jokingly said, "I have NO idea what he is doing right now". The Dr. responded, "you are having a contraction". I found this quite amusing because I guess I have been having the warm-up contractions (aka Braxton Hicks) quite frequently in the past few weeks, but I thought it was the baby pushing out on my belly or curling into a ball. So, along with the frequent Braxton Hicks contractions, I am also dilated 1 cm. WOOHOO...1 cm down, 9 cm to go :)!!! She didn't mention any effacing, so we still have 100% of that to go!
The next appt. is March 13 in the am with my favorite Dr. that I haven't been able to see since the very first appointment. Keep thinking effacing and dilating thoughts!


No comments:
Post a Comment