Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

What's in a name

So, until right before his birth, Bret and I were actually leaning towards Landon. THEN, I emailed family and friends and asked them to guess our baby's name, weight, length, bday and birth time. And, one of the name suggestions from my Grandma Shirley was Evan Jeffrey. I emailed Bret to tell him her guess because he had actually thought about Evan as a potential several months ago. After it was brought to our attention again, Bret and I seriously started to consider the name. And as it turns out, we are very traditional at heart ;).

Evan, is Welsh for John which has strong family ties to my mom's side of the family. My grandpa's name was Donald John, my great-great grandpa's name was John, my uncle's name is John, and I have a cousin name John. Evan is also one of Bret's closest friend's name. Jeffrey is Bret's dad's name. So, Bret and I were won over by the fact that Evan Jeffrey would represent the people that mean the most to us, both sides of our families and our friends. So, thank you Grandma Shirley for directing us to such a strong, solid name for our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment