Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Haircut Mishap

First, you have to know that Evan HATES having the hair cut around his forehead, ears and back of his neck. So much that a typical haircut takes me about 3 days to complete. WELL, today I got the bright idea to use those handy little things that attach to the clippers and are made specifically to cut around the ear. He has less fear with clippers than scissors, so I thought it would be perfect. Left ear went smoothly. Right ear...he ducked his head, and I ended up giving him a 2" diameter bald spot right behind his ear. Quick trip to the pros to help out, and this is what we end up with ; ). On the way home, Evan said "my hair looks good", but after we had been home for awhile, he was rubbing his head and said, "my hair. i miss it."Miss Grace slept through the entire event!I keep meaning to write these down, but here are a few of the nutty things that Evan has said lately....
1. Driving up to the lake (2.5 hour drive) with Grammy and Packaw - "I can't get out of here. I'm stuck"
2. After passing someone asking for money at the end of an exit ramp, Evan said, "Hey Mommy. What is she doing?". I explained that the lady wanted money from people driving by. A few minutes later, we pass a Chick Fil A that had a giant blow up cow holding a sign in front of it. Evan points to the cow and says, "Hey Mommy! Cow wants money!".
3. Father's Day Dinner - Evan had already been served and was eating. Bret was sitting next to him and went to serve himself mashed potatoes. Evan sticks his hand out and says "No Daddy, I can't eat any more".

No comments:

Post a Comment