I had the glucose tolerance test this morning, and I handled it like a pro! Of course, I did have my phone constantly beeping me reminders...
1 alarm at 6:30 to remind me to eat at 6:50 a.m.
A phone call from Bret at 6:40 a.m. to remind me to eat within the next ten minutes
1 alarm at 8:40 to remind me to drink the glucose tolerance drink by 8:50
1 alarm at 9:45 to remind me that my blood had to be drawn in the next 5 minutes
But, this time around much less blood had to be taken, and after a brief pep talk to myself and some deep breathing, I was no longer queasy and then a few seconds later she was done taking my blood. Now, just keeping my fingers crossed that I passed! We have the 28 week appointment on Friday morning (1/2/09), and then I think we start going every two weeks until 36 weeks. At that point, we get the joy of going every week, so the updates will be much more frequent from here on out. After the initial picture text that I will send out from the hospital, this will probably be the first place I post pictures after the little guy decides to make his appearance.


No comments:
Post a Comment