Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

28 week appt.

SO, about that weight gain thing. I'm thinking when they said between 20-30 lbs, they weren't taking into account that I would be pregnant over the holidays. I think what they meant was 30-40 lbs for all women pregnant over the holidays. Right now, I have gained a whopping 21 lbs (WHOA...I'm a beast), and I would like to pretend that all 21lbs is in my belly. I guess I just decided to blow that 20-30 lbs out of the water ;). The good news is that I seem to have developed a weight gain pattern. At my 20 week appt, I had gained 6 more pounds. At my 24 week appt, I had only gained 2 more pounds. This appt., I was back at 6 more pounds.

Other news from the appointment, the heartbeat still sounds awesome. He actually kicked twice while we were listening to his heartbeat, and it was pretty cool to actually hear him kick. My belly actually measured for 30 weeks (again, I'm a BEAST), but apparently since I was small to begin with that isn't odd. And, I have completely run out of room for everything to grow and move vertically, so the belly is just going to keep growing bigger and bigger from here on out. My glucose test results weren't in yet, but they were anticipating getting them by today. The Doctor said they would call if the results were abnormal, and if I hadn't heard from them by Monday to assume that I had passed. I'm wondering if they call and I ignore the call if I can still assume (or pretend) that I passed ;). I guess they also tested me for anemia again, and if I my numbers have dropped lower than what they were, I will have to add a few more iron supplements each day.

Also, I was wrong on the every 2 weeks thing. I go to the Doctor in 4 weeks, and THEN I start going at 2 weeks. So, next appointment for 32 weeks is on January 30! Please cross your fingers for a 2 lb weight gain ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment