Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

24 week OB visit

So, we had the 24 week Dr. visit today. From the appointment, we learned that the office has 1 specialist read all of their ultrasounds. His report on the 20 week ultrasound stated that ....
  • Everything looked consistent for a 20 week baby (translation--still planning on 3/25 as the due date)
  • All of the baby's measurements were normal (translation--yay! health baby!)
  • The baby was breech
  • I have a small fibroid (translation--this means nothing because I only have one and it is small)
  • The baby weighed approximately 13 ozs

The rest of the appointment consisted of listening to the baby's heartbeat, measuring my belly, checking to see that I still had ankles (I do), and preparing me for the glucose test. I will have to chug a 10 oz bottle of an icky orange drink and have my blood drawn exactly 1 hour later. Since I had such a great time the last time I had my blood drawn, I am THRILLED to be having blood taken again. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I pass because a failed test means I have to take another icky drink test and have my blood drawn THREE times in one day!

Next appointment for 28 weeks is on January 2 at 8:15! Be thinking VERY happy thoughts for me at 8:00 a.m. when I am having my blood drawn for the glucose test.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see more pictures of your belly. I will see you in a few weeks! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYY for a healthy baby! And I have full confidence that this whole soon-to-be-mommy thing has left you in an incredibly macho state, and you're going to cruise through your glucose test/blood draw as if it were nothing. :) Tell the soon-to-be-daddy that Dan and I say hi!!

    ReplyDelete