Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

California - Post 5 Travel Day!

After one week of sharing her toys, I think Zoe was kind of happy but a little sad to see us leaving!  I know my kids were sad to say goodbye, but they were also missing their Daddy!  
 gracie played so much that she did something she rarely if ever does..sleep in the CAR!  She took one nap after a long morning chasing waves on the beach, and she actually fell asleep on the way to the airport.
 on the plane!!!  we flew through vegas this time, so instead of having to flights around 2.5 hours, we had one just over 1 hour and one 3.5 hour flight.  The first flight passed quickly for all of us!
 traveling with e was like traveling with an adult!  he was very content to entertain himself with everything in his backpack.  
the flight from vegas was LONG!!  after 1.5 hours, i let them break out the iPads (first time they touched them on any of the flights!!!).  Gracie was distracted for about 30 minutes.  E watched a movie and was good to go for the rest of the flight!  Our only hiccup after over 11 hours of flying was completely my fault.  When we were finishing our descent (15 minutes left in flying), I asked Gracie, excitedly, if she was ready to go.  Her poor, sleep deprived mind thought I was asking her if she was ready to get off the plane.  She tried to remove her seat belt an that was all she wrote!  15 minutes of struggling with her to get her in her seat belt...along with off and on tantrums was quite lovely, but 15 minutes out of over 11 hours is still amazing!  And, I have no doubt that if I had not had confused her, we would have made the entire trip without a single hiccup.  SO, I am proud to say that I survived flying to Cali and back with two kids all by myself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment