Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cali Post 2

On the 2nd Day in California, we packed up and headed to Gilroy Gardens (think Disney World minus all the characters).  All of the kids LOVED every single second at this amusement park.  Well, Gracie didn't love the last handful of seconds we were there because she was crashing from no nap...and this caused her to be a little reckless on a pint sized  carousel.  The crazy lady behavior forced me to pull her from the ride...while all the other parents stared at us.  At one point in her tired induced  crazy lady behavior, she may have smacked her head on the pole of the horse she was hanging off of.  This led to about a half dozen simultaneous gasps from the same parents staring at us.  She also seems to have the titanium skull her brother has because it didn't phase her (or slow the onset of her crazy lady tantrum) one bit!
 riding on the "teacups"...see I told you it was just like Disney!!!  Kate and I may have peed our pants a little bit watching this ride.  Zoe, is a pro teacup rider.  My kids were novices.  So, when the ride started moving, note Zoe's position and notice the arm-bracing, death grip holds that BOTH E and G are sporting.  The good news is that all 3 kids giggled the entire time and no one threw up!  Kate waited until AFTER we got them locked in and we were behind the safety area to tell me Zoe made 3 girls cry the last time she was on this ride.

 I guess "say cheese" means different things in California because when I said it to Zoe, this is what she gave me!

This could be Gracie taking it all in, OR it could be her saying to herself, "I will not close my eyes, I will not fall asleep, I will not close my eyes..." 

 This guy was definitely taking it all in!!!

 Evan really wanted to walk and hold hands with Emma...unfortunately, his speed wasn't really on pace with the little peanut's tiny little legs!

so, he settled for just holding hands with gracie and they walked hand in hand all the way to our lunch spot ; )!  I knew that they would love each other eventually...and to permanently capture the image, i took several dozen pictures. 

evan waited ALL day to ride the fish ride! 

gracie rode it with him, and this is what she did the whole time.  future roller coaster fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment