Monday was Evan's star day at school. He chose Daddy to come read the book (that doesn't mean that Gracie and I didn't show up too : ) ). We made granola bars for his snack, and we made a poster with pictures of all his favorite things.
| loving big brother |
| e's class is the teddy bear class, so after circle time, they pass and love on a little teddy bear. |
| then it was Bret's turn to be the leader and read Three Little Dinosaurs...one of Evan's favorite books. |
| the kids were really into the book! some could hardly sit down they were so excited to hear and see the book! |
| talking about his favorite things |
· 4 tablespoons butter
· ¼ cup honey
· ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
· ¼ cup peanut butter
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups oats (I used old fashioned)
· ¼ cup Wheaties (crushed)
· ¼ cup wheat germ
· Mini M & M’s, or mini chocolate
chips, or raisins, or whatever other topping you are craving for your granola
bars!
1. In a nonstick pan over medium-low heat,
melt the butter.
2. Stir in the honey, brown sugar, and
peanut butter.
3. Bring to a very light simmer.
4. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in vanilla extract.
7. Stir in oats, Wheaties and wheat germ until
completely coated.
8. Press mixture into a 8 x 8 inch pan
lined with greased parchment paper or foil. Be sure to press down until the
granola mixture is firm.
9. Sprinkle the top with your topping of
choice and press them into the mixture.
I typically use mini chocolate chips (they stick better!), but I didn’t
have any on hand when making this batch.
If I were to use m&m’s again, I would probably either mix them into
the batch or sprinkle them on before pressing the mixture into the pan.
10. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until
firm.
11. Remove from pan and cut into bars with
a sharp knife.
12. Store in the fridge in an airtight
container


No comments:
Post a Comment