Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Starts with a Boom

After Grace's 6 month Dr. appointment, I will do my 6 month post with pics from the months and covering her firsts. This post is about a 1st for Evan. He started out 2012 with his first (if I get to vote, then I vote for it to also be his last) trip to the ER. It was NOT fun. What started as a simple trip upstairs with me to change Gracie's diaper ended up with me running down the stairs carrying my baby boy and blood everywhere : (. Evan had run into the room ahead of me, and literally jumped on the bed once. He jumped up, came down and when he went back up, he ended up flying backwards and right into the outside corner of the wall. I knew it wasn't good from the sound and his shriek, so I put Grace in the middle of the bed, called for help and ran downstairs to have someone look and tell me what I already thought...we were headed to the hospital. Grammy and Brian both took a look and came to the same conclusion. I am SOOOOOOOOO blessed that I was home with my family when it happened. Kate and Brian took charge of getting Evan and I ready and out the door, and the rest of my family took care of Grace and Zoe. On the way to the hospital, Evan and I sat in the back singing "No More Monkey's Jumping on the Bed". He was a little bit dazed and asked if we were going to see reindeer or if Kate and Brian were going home with us. I cannot thank Kate and Brian enough for being with us in the ER. They kept me calm, helped distract Evan, and Brian even helped hold Evan down when they were cleaning his cut and and gluing him up. Evan did a great job too. Sure, he cried, but he never pushed or fought. He even got a pillow pet blanket from the nurses and nurse practitioner for being such a trooper! He stayed up late that night, slept soundly (after I finally let him go to bed), and woke up happy in the morning. It took him until that evening to remember what happened, but I am happy to report that he is doing great.

Of course he got anything and everything he wanted when we got home from the hospital. Packaw even spoon fed him one of his favorite foods - Cars Mac and Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment