The past week or so have been a bit challenging. Evan has decided that he would not really like to sleep COMPLETELY through the night and naptime is not nearly as fun as it used to be. This means that Bret and I have had to buckle down and occasionally bury our heads under the pillows when he is "working it out" and getting himself back to sleep. Generally this means a little bit of crying that has some kind of weird magnetic pull for mommies and daddies. You don't really mean to get out of bed, but somehow you end up at the side of the crib comforting the little guy back to sleep. Good news though, Evan is doing MUCH better in the going to sleep and staying asleep categories....whew. We are only in the clear for a few more days though b/c per pediatrician's orders, we have to start weaning him off his right before sleep bottle. It is the only one that he still takes, but he is (and we are) quite attached to it. In two more months, that bottle is supposed to be out of our lives for good......ahhhhhhh.
The sleep bit was not the worst of our worries this week though. It has been building up in the past few weeks, but this week was definitely the worst. Evan has started biting. Initially at daycare, the biting was not intentional or out of frustration. I don't know if he actually even bit down. This week, however, several kids have gone home from daycare with their very own replica of Evan's 8 teeth imprinted on their arm. UH OH. Big problem, and I panicked. I, of course, rushed out and bought a book on what to expect during the toddler years, and immediately read/re-read all my old issues of parents magazine. I thought he was going to become a serial biter and was just a few days away from getting kicked out of daycare ; ).
VERY long story but in the end, we realized (or maybe the babysitter pointed it out) last night that a molar just broke through the gums and the babysitter thinks a few more spots look swollen. Evan typically gets his teeth in pairs, so that isn't shocking. So, hopefully now the kids aren't coming home with a replica of Evan's 9-10 teeth : )!!! But, seriously, I am NOT a fan of teething getting progressively worse. It makes sense because the teeth are bigger, but I might have signed up for the "he can just gum it" plan had I known what kind of stinker E was going to be with his molars!
Another bright spot of today, Evan's 12 month pictures are done and online! www.no9images.com to see them!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment