Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pregnant pedestrians stop traffic!

With the cold weather, the ice and the snow, I have done the majority of my exercising indoors...typically walking on the treadmill. BUT, for the past week, we have had great weather, so I have been able to venture out and take Tillie on some MUCH needed walks. Walking tends to help Tillie be not so crazy. We have a loop that we do...no idea how long it is, but it takes us roughly 50 minutes to walk it. We also have to cross the "busy" street in Mariemont twice; the first time we cross usually ends up being right when everyone is coming home from work. And, for the past 6 days, as soon as I turn and make a move towards the road, cars stop in both directions! I am not usually crossing at an intersection, a stop light or even a stop sign, but every single time I try to cross the cars in both directions stop and let me go. This has never happened to me before. When I would run and have to cross this street, I have actually had to wait for more than 5 minutes for a break in the cars which don't even slow down! So, the point of this is, if you need to cross a street in a hurry, grab a lady that is almost 9 months pregnant and the cars will magically stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment