So today marks the last of my monthly appointments! Now I get to go every two weeks and then every week! I saw the newest Dr. to the group today, and I really liked her. She highly impressed me when she didn't run out of the room screaming after I whipped out my page of typed questions :). I had tons this time around since I just did my tour and my childbirth class. This was another quick appointment, but she said that everything looked excellent from my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat to my measurements! I also gained only a pound, so I'm getting back on track with this weight gain thing. Other things that came out of the Dr. appt. where that I maintained my anemia which actually is better than what it sounds. Essentially, all women are a bit anemic towards the end of their pregnancy, but I had lower numbers when they did my initial bloodwork. At 28 weeks when I was tested again, if my numbers had dropped, that was a bad sign and that meant that I might have to have a transfusion after delivery. If they remained the same, that was a good sign and that means I am at the normal levels for a pregnant woman in her final trimester. So yay for no transfusion!
My next appointment is in two weeks on February 13 at 8:00 a.m. And, I have less than 4 weeks of being able to go where I please, at 36 weeks, I am officially not allowed to travel outside of Cincinnati.


No comments:
Post a Comment