Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 6, 2013

Whatever You DO...DON'T SMILE

I will admit this year I panicked on the Christmas card.  Since we moved recently and not many people knew our address, I was adamant about getting the cards out at the 1st of December.  So, I picked out my favorite pictures from the year, and whipped up a christmas letter of sorts  that I only created for one purpose... to have the address in the card as well as on the envelope.  The day after I dropped them in the mail, the kids and I hung our Christmas wreaths on the windows, and then we went outside to take some pictures to show Bret.  Instead of taking house pictures, I managed to convince the kids to smile for a few pictures.  AND, I happened to get some really cute, made for Christmas card shots.  I still like my Christmas card  pictures, but I especially love the one of Evan and Gracie putting their heads together below.
don't be surprised when this picture ends up in next year's card!
one big benefit of gracie's age is that she is ready for the "whatever you do, don't smile game".  we started doing that with evan when he was throwing tantrums or upset at around the same age...when he would be out of control, we would say, "whatever you do, don't laugh and definitely don't smile".  at 2 they adore being defiant, so what does he do, smiles and laughs and forgets about his boo boo or tantrum.  It worked so well, that I started doing it for pictures...works like a charm!  If they won't take any pictures (but I'm not willing to let the moment pass because of their cute outfits or the occasion), I say, "i'm taking a picture, but whatever you do, don't stand next to each other and absolutely DO NOT SMILE".  the result...a picture that i'm obsessed with...thinking its a framer.


No comments:

Post a Comment