Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, December 6, 2013

First Snow!

I will be the first to admit, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to anything that might be happening in the world today.  I rarely turn the TV onto anything other than a cartoon for E to watch while I'm putting Gracie down for a nap.  Our car is usually tuned into kid's music.  After some relentless teasing from Bret and friends, I did download a news app on my phone.  But, we seem to have a couple of iPad and iPhone addicts in our house, so I don't tend to look at my phone unless someone is calling or I hear it beep that I have a message.  But, yesterday, I might have set the bar at an all time low for being clueless.  In the evening I got a text from Bret saying he couldn't believe we were going to get 4-7" of snow (side note: he was in Chicago).  I had no clue, and when I went to turn out the Christmas lights before going upstairs last night, I couldn't believe what I saw...we had 2+ inches of snow.  Seriously?  I didn't even know it was snowing.  Regardless, the kids were super pumped to wake up the a white winter wonderland!  I managed to hold them off until 9 before we went outside...they wanted to go out and play in the pitch black at 6:30.

 evan was really excited to go out back and play on the swing set.  you know what is better than going down a slide in the summer?  going down a slide in the winter with snow on the ground...instant human sledding.  They were FLYING down the slide, and both of them would slide a good 2-3 feet beyond the end of the slide before coming to a stop.  a few times, one of them wasn't fast enough moving from the end of the slide, so we had human bowling and even dog bowling a couple of times.  When I first saw E go down, I started cracking up and told him he was a rocket ship.  That prompted Gracie to identify what she was EVERY time she went down the slide.  She would stand at the top and say, "i'm an elephant!" and then go down the slide.  she was minnie mouse (her absolute favorite thing in the whole world...after bobo and blanket), an elephant, a monkey, a rocket ship, and a few other things before she was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment