Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Showering Lady Shook

This past weekend, Bret and I with 3 of our closest couple friends co (or quad) hosted a baby shower for Evan and Lauren Shook.  I have to say, if I am ever going to host another shower, I plan on doing it with no less than 3 other hostess (specifically, I would like those hostesses to be Lindsey, Kristen and Danielle).  The shower was beautiful, and I have never had so much fun planning and prepping for a shower.

Lindsey and I's pride and joy that almost never was.  I was in charge of painting the pumpkins, and Linds was in charge of flowers.  I showed up with this one uncarved (as we had originally planned), and we debated back and forth on whether we should attempt to carve it and use it as a vase.  Best decision we made all day.  I am obsessed.  I may or may not have suggested that I carry it around during the shower to ensure that everyone saw it.

pumkins with the future Lady Shook's name guided guest in the door and up the stairs.

biscuit tried to make himself a gift for the mommy and daddy.  future mommy would not have been sad about that, but his current mommy might have been.  he might have climbed up to the table to get away from four very specific hands that were following him everywhere to pet him, to lay on him, and to carry him everywhere.  those hands belonged to my apparently cat obssessed children. 

the guest book

and oh. my. goodness. the desserts.  TWO different kinds of icing on white mini cupcakes...i ate 24 of the cinnamon ones alone. and yummy pumpkin bars that in a very happy surprise, also turned out to be good for you. 


ball jars for the beverages.

more ball jars

id tags for the foods

and the cutest pumpkin banner i have ever seen
The SOON to be Mommy and Daddy

evidence of the torture that biscuit endured the weekend that we stayed at his house


No comments:

Post a Comment