Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin festival

On Sunday, Bret, Evan, Grace and I (with 6 friends) went to Stony Creek to get pumpkins. Evan is crazy obsessed with animals, so we went to Stony Creek so that he could see the chickens, ponies and donkeys too. I had also promised him that I would find a place that he could ride "horses", so I was pretty excited to be able to follow through on that promise.Evan rode Leroy...he LOVED ITThey had a giant pile of hay strategically placed by the line for the hayrides to the pumpkin patch. Evan would run full steam towards the pile and dive in it...Hayride! Not sure about the rest of our friends, but Kristen and I saw our lives flash before our eyes a few times during this hayride. The sides were shaky at best, and at one sharp turn, I'm pretty sure the wagon was on two wheels.

notice how the goal was to get pumpkins, and I failed to get a single picture of that? Hmmm must have had something to do with the two year old that was with us who started sprinting through the pumpkin patch trying to find the best one. At one point one of our friends accidentally rolled a pumpkin down a hill...it picked up a lot of speed and nearly bowled over a family at the bottom of the hill (my money was on a strike if they hadn't jumped out of the way). Evan thought that looked like a LOT of fun, so we had to make a quick escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment