Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Poop, Pee and Pumpkins

Evan has been showing more than avid interest in the potty in the past week, so we made the decision to go for the whole potty training business. After breakfast the first morning we decided to give it a go, Evan starts saying PEE PEE PEEEEEE. I ask if he needs to go pee in the potty, and he answers yes. I got him down from his booster, and he makes a beeline to the little potty in the downstairs bathroom. He starts dancing around and being fidgety while standing right in front of the potty and saying PEEE PEEEEEEE - he OF COURSE is in a blanket sleeper thing that is one piece and zips from neck to foot. I whip it off as fast as possible and he sits down. After 2 seconds, he stands up and proceeds to start peeing : ). I managed to get him back down so that minimal was on the floor. WOOHOOOO! He peed in the potty!! And, today, he told his teacher POOP at daycare. She asked if he needed to poop, and he said yes. SO, she held him on the toilet. Sure enough, Evan pooped on the potty!!!!
I never knew that I could feel such happiness hearing about and talking about my son pooping and peeing on the toilet : ).

And for the pumpkins...
Hayride to the pumpkin patch.
Hurry up Daddy!!!
Evan loved all the pumpkins, but he definitely wanted THIS ONE.
I asked him to sit beside the pumpkin to get a picture. I guess we need to work on up/down, in front/behind, on top/underneath, etc a little more because this is what he immediately did..
It has to be said that Evan ended up picking the biggest pumpkin of all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment