Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm BACK!

Its been a bit since I've posted any pictures of Evan (sorry Brian, please forgive me!)! For a bit, I was suffering from severe sleep deprivation. Evan decided it would be a LOT of fun to switch his days and his nights again. I have to disagree...it was NOT fun. We went for a week or so with Evan sleeping only bits and pieces through the night. It seemed like it would take him hours to fall asleep and the second I would put him in his crib he would wake up because he would startle or spit-up all over himself. So, he would get a little bit of sleep in my arms before going into the crib, but I would get zero sleep. Bret would wake up in the morning and ask me how much sleep I got, and 0-2 hours was becoming the most frequent answer. So, a few days ago, after I had tried to get him to sleep for 2 hours and Bret had tried for 2 hours (he let me sleep for a bit since I hadn't slept for 2 days straight....ahhhh!), I decided to revert back to what worked in the beginning...the BOUNCER. Evan slept through the night at 6 days old swaddled in his bouncer. And, it worked like a charm. Evan has slept for at least 5 hours straight every night for 4 nights! I feel like a new person! I'm thinking we will stick with this bouncer technique for a little bit more and then give the crib another shot. Maybe by then, he will stop spitting up all over himself!
Any way...here are some pics from the days that I have been MIA

Evan's first bottle! Ok, not technically his FIRST bottle since we had to supplement until my milk came in, but this is his first expressed breast milk bottle ;). And, there is actually a story to that too. Evan decided he didn't like the bottles that I wanted to try, so he actually took this bottle (finally) using the nipple for the formula supplements that we had from the hospital, and we attached it to a breast milk storage bottle. I ended up taking the Infamil nipple to Babies R Us to find a bottle that had one similar. And, yes, I find it quite amusing that I have used the word nipple more times in the last two weeks than I may have in my whole life! Strangely, since Evan's birth, I can't seem to make it through a day without discussing or mentioning nipples or breasts!
this is him working and not getting anything from the bottles that i wanted to use...

and this is the bottle that we created ;)....he sucked the milk down in no time!

he has now discovered the toy that i put on his carseat. even if he is crying, as soon as i put him in it, he immediately calms down and starts studying it...i just wish i could take the picture without he creepy red eyes! and, i'm just noticing how crazy red his hair looks in this picture! Check out those thunder thighs!!!

Sonia came to visit!!! Sonia just finished her third year of med school at Harvard, and she worked a visit to meet Evan into her break. It was sooo nice to catch up with her since I only see her about twice a year (sad!!), and since she has decided to be an OB/GYN, I had plenty to tell her! She was also a great help. While she was here, I got to shower for longer than 2 minutes and shave my legs!!!

and rachel, bret's cousin, just got home after finishing her first year of college at Alabama. Evan was so excited to see her that he passed out ;).

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natalie,
    I check your blog often to see pics of your cute new little one ever since your mom gave me your blog address while you were pregnant. I have a blog but ever since I had #2 11 weeks ago I just cant find time to update it. Anyway, I am NO dr. and please don't feel as though I am pushing anything on you but I wanted to tell you we went through the same thing with Owen and now Chloe...slept great upright, lay down, wake up, spit up, and wake a lot of the night. We found out about 2 months that Owen had acid reflux, got on medicine and he slept like a charm. Same thing with Chloe but I knew about it so we started the meds after seeing the same thing at about 4 weeks. She sleeps remarkable now. Still has to be propped up in bed on a slight incline but we her medicine and that she sleeps from 9pm to 6am daily. You may want to express your concerns with your peds Dr. and see if you can try some Zantac! Just wanted to share what I know and see if it would help:) Your boy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete