Wednesday, April 15, 2009
A Word of Caution to all the Pregnant Women...
Think VERY carefully before you take up any activities consistently while pregnant. I walked a TON while I was pregnant. For the main chunk, I walked on the treadmill since it was winter, and for the last two months or so, I walked for around an hour a day outside. Very early on, Bret and I realized that Evan was soothed the most by movement...specifically walking. So, we have strapped him in the Baby Bjorn hundreds of times and just walked in circles around the house when he was fussy. For the most part, this did the trick (just ask Bret how fun it was last night at 3am). Today, Evan has been Mr. Cranky Pants, so I remembered something I said jokingly while pregnant...."I have walked so much on the treadmill...he will probably only be able to sleep to the sound of the treadmill". SO, I gave it a try. This is what I got after literally 30 seconds of walking on the treadmill. AWESOME. So, my advice to all pregnant women....don't do anything a ton while you are pregnant unless you are sure you can do it a ton right after you give birth!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey Nats! That is crazy about the treadmill, but it totally makes sense! In case I didn't communicate it well enough while we were out in California, Evan is such a doll! Tim and I both think he is absolutely the cutest little guy ever! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteTraci