On Memorial Day weekend, my cousin got married in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Lots of family made the trip, and it was a much needed vacation for everyone. Spending time at the beach is a wee bit different than it used to be!!! A friend sent me a blog post on the difference between people with kids and those without kids at the beach. It was SO TRUE. I don't believe I ever sat down for more than a minute, instead, my time was spent jumping in waves, helping gracie jump waves, building things in the sand, running, more running and loads of time lifeguarding and suppressing anxiety that my kids were going to go under and get sucked away by the current! I know realize that things that seemed extremely fun as a child (jumping waves, boogie boarding, etc) are nerve wracking as a parent. But, all the time I was worrying and watching, my kids were creating great memories with their cousins and having a BLAST!


No comments:
Post a Comment