The weekend before Christmas, we celebrated with Grandpa Jeff, Grandma Pam and Aunt Mal. The kids waited approximately 30 seconds before asking about opening presents, but I think we were able to hold them off for almost an hour! The rest of the weekend, we relaxed, ate, played games, ate, relaxed and ate. One of the best parts was that Gracie has recently turned a corner with her separation anxiety and comfort with being with people that are not Bret, Evan or I. She was more like the Gracie that I get to see all day who is goofy, playful and very loving, so I was really happy that our family got to see this side of her. It was also nice not to have to hold her the entire weekend, and I only think she ran after me screaming in fear that I was leaving her forever one or two times (extreme improvement from the screaming and crying every single time i left the room).
 |
| grace enjoyed eating (and occasionally playing with) the play doh that evan received. evan whipped up all kinds of yummy play doh treats for everyone to eat! |
 |
| both kids received wind up toys from aunt mal, and they were a big hit. grace's butterfly still cracks her up! |
 |
| reading books...a favorite for both kids |
 |
| and evan noticed quickly that aunt mal had an iphone and latched onto that with lightening speed. this little guy is 100% obsessed with apple products...specifically the iphone and ipad. |
 |
| grace has recently started talking a bit more and making some animal noises, so the little people farm was right up her alley! |
No comments:
Post a Comment