I can't really explain why, but I am very proud of myself for actually going out and trying to make my own baby food. I think it might have something to do with my control freak nature because I know precisely (as much as I can short of stalking the farmers and the produce in route to my local Kroger) what is going into his food. For some reason it makes me feel good to know that I'm doing it. So far, I have successfully made carrots, peas, apples and sweet potato. Evan LOVED apple this morning and thoroughly enjoyed the carrots the two times he had it since I made the batch. I plan on conquering acorn squash and green beans tonight, and if I get out, I might make another Kroger run to pick up some more fruit options. I have to admit, I am a little bit obsessed with making the food. If allowed, I would venture to say, that I would be content to make baby food all day long (in between playing, feeding, putting to sleep, changing diapers with Evan). I'm having visions of making my own to sell to people and single-handedly, in my galley kitchen (with barely enough countertop to place a steamer), my mini-me stove, my ancient blender, my trusty steamer, and my dozens of ice cube trays and freezer bags (currently busting out of my itty bitty freezer) taking down Gerber and their baby food. Ok, maybe not, but I still feel good about what I'm setting out to do! I hope I don't pull a Natalie and get super excited about this and burn out a few weeks into it! These are my total savings SO FAR!!



No comments:
Post a Comment